The Project Idea
Egali.md project idea has been borrowed from another project in the U.S. – It Gets Better, which has mushroomed in the U.S., Australia, and Latin America, and is expanding in Europe. It Gets Better has accumulated over 50,000 video spots where famous people, workers of various organizations, activists, politicians and media representatives, including U.S. President Barack Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, singers and actors Adam Lambert, Colin Farrell, Adam Levine (Maroon 5), Ke$ha, Sarah Silverman, employees of Google, Facebook, Pixar, Apple, Adobe Systems, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Sony Pictures Entertainment, NVIDIA Corporation, Dream Words Animation and many more recorded their messages.
Purpose of Project
Egali.md project has been designed to make the voice of those who condemn homophobia and transphobia heard and to support LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) individuals. This project aims to show young LGBT people, who have realized the sexual orientation or gender identity, that they are not alone and that there are many people, even in Moldova, who accept them, wish them happiness and consider them equal in all rights.
Many young people in their teenage years discover that they are different from their peers. Often these young people inhibit their desires and make a great effort to get to that "normality" that is indicated by the majority of society. Some get married, hoping that they will be or will become like the majority, for to understand later that nothing needs to be changed, nothing needs to be imposed, and that they need to accept themselves as they are.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth are afraid to come out to friends and, even worse, to their parents out of the fear to be humiliated, insulted, ignored or even beaten up and thrown out of their homes. This project comes with a call on parents to show love and acceptance to their children, regardless of their identities and affections. Children will not be happy when parents indicate them who to love; they will be happy when they are loved and understood by their parents, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Some teenagers do not see a positive future for themselves, but we are confident that through our common activities, we can create an environment where each person from the LGBT communities will find a place for oneself. Each video spot aims to support, encourage and communicate that no matter how complicated it is now, it will be better!
On this project working team of people with diffrent political views, gender, ethnicity, age, occupation and sexual orientation. Are all part of the team supporting the project by filming and uploading a video or simply by recommendation. To contact the team of coordinators, please use our contact form. This project comprises a team of people with different political views, genders, ethnicities, ages, occupations, sexual orientations and gender identities. A part of the project team includes those supporting the project by recording and uploading a video spot or simply by recommending it to others. To contact the team of coordinators, please use our contact form.
- Each person has equal rights, including civil, political, social, economic and cultural rights, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Nobody has the right to discriminate against and humiliate a person on the basis of one’s sexual orientation or gender identity.
- An important function of the state is to prevent and, in case of committing an unlawful action, to hold the offender accountable for discrimination, violence or incitement to violence, humiliation of or insults against a person on the basis of sexual orientation or identity gender.
- The state, civil society and mass media are to inform public opinion with regard to various aspects of sexual orientation or gender identity in an objective way.
- The right to equal access to employment, education, health services, and social services is to be guaranteed by the state to all its citizens, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- The state shall be responsible for legal recognition of the same-sex couples and to defend their rights with regard to cohabitation and good common housekeeping.
I'm the collapsible set content for section 5.